Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Suffering in the Blogosphere

The word suffering is often found in the blogosphere. However, the subject as such seems not to be treated, except in passing (for instance in this) or indirectly (for instance in that). The closest to my topic that I have been able to find until now are those excellent blogs about pain : Pain for Philosophers, and Psychology of Pain. What is the relationship between pain and suffering? This is a question that could be usefully discussed between interested bloggers, I guess.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Robert,

You may be interested in listening to these 12-Minute Podcasts on "Is There Meaning in Evil & Suffering?"

There are 4-12 Minute lectures and a Q&A at the end.

Entire Session Under Archives: http://rzim.org/radio/archives.php?p=JT

First 12-Minute Lecture:
http://rzim.org/radio/archives.php?p=JT&v=detail&id=802

Edgar

11:19 PM  
Blogger Robert Daoust said...

Thanks for your comment Edgar. I listened to the first 12-Minute Lecture with interest.

I observe once more that suffering as a theme is used to talk about religion, morality, philosophy, etc. That's alright. I propose however that we set up a place in our culture (a new 'domain of interest'), where suffering is considered as a primary subject by itself. If you see what I mean...

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home